Can Bras Cause Back Pain? It’s no secret that many women experience back pain, and often, the root cause is their bra.
In fact, a study published in the Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy found that up to 80% of women will experience back pain at some point in their lives. But what many women don’t realize is that their bra could be the culprit.
There Are A Few Different Ways That Bras Can Cause Back Pain.
- First, if a bra is too tight, it can put unnecessary pressure on the muscles and nerves in the back.
- Second, if a bra is too loose, it can cause the breasts to sag, which puts additional strain on the back.
- And finally, if a bra doesn’t provide adequate support, it can cause the shoulders and neck to become misaligned, which can lead to pain.
So, How Can You Tell If Your Bra Is Causing Your Back Pain? There Are Some Key Signs To Look For.
- First, if you notice that your pain gets worse when you wear a certain bra, that’s a good indication that the bra is to blame.
- Second, if you find that you have to adjust your bra frequently throughout the day, that’s another red flag.
- And finally, if you notice that your pain is worse when you wear a bra with underwire, that’s a strong indication that the underwire is digging into your flesh and causing irritation.
If You Suspect That Your Bra Is Causing Your Back Pain, There Are A Few Things You Can Do To Ease The Pain.
- First, try wearing a different style of bra. If you normally wear an underwire bra, try a wireless style. If you normally wear a padded bra, try a sports bra. And if you normally wear a push-up bra, try a bralette.
- Second, make sure that your bra fits properly. If it’s too tight, it can cause pain, and if it’s too loose, it can cause your breasts to sag. The best way to determine if your bra fits properly is to get fitted by a professional.
- And finally, if you’re still experiencing back pain, you may want to consider investing in a supportive body pillow. These pillows provide extra support to the back and can help to alleviate some of the pressure that’s causing your pain.
If you’re suffering back pain, don’t suffer with silence. Talk to your doctor about the possibility that your bra is to blame.
I am a fashion blogger. My Passion is to write about American and European Fashion. Fashion is a popular style, especially in clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, makeup, hairstyle and body.